Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A little info about your TA

Hi folks,

I am excited to have the opportunity to be a part of this course in it's inaugural year!  I think that we have a lot to look forward to - awesome field locations and excellent instructors at every site.  A little bit about myself: I've been involved in marine ecology for some time now - I got my start as an undergrad at The College of William and Mary working in Emmett Duffy's lab at VIMS.  I knew that I ultimately wanted to pursue a graduate degree in the field but wasn't sure where I wanted to focus my energy coming out of my undergrad years.  So, I started teaching high school in St. Johns County - mainly marine science and AP environmental science - and ended up doing that for a few more years than originally planned.  I really enjoy teaching and hope to pick up with it again in the future - just likely at the college level.  Later this summer, I will be starting a Ph.D. program in evolutionary biology at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette - where I'll continue to investigate larval recruitment, though my focus will be a bit more molecular than it has been for the past few years.  I'm looking forward to getting to know you all over the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment