Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hello,

My name is Paige Duffin and I am a student at the University of North Florida. My major is Coastal Biology, and I am going into my Junior year. I plan on getting my Graduate, but I have no idea where! I'm really interested in Environmental Science and Ecology; I found out about this trip in Dr. Hackney's Ecology lecture this spring. Right now I work in Dr. Waddel's lab at UNF doing genetic work (partnering with SEZARC) involving the Major Histocompatability Complex in White Rhinos, coding about 10 samples' worth of genomes in that region, and looking for genetic differentiation. I also do coral larvae research with Dr. Ross at UNF in the Keys every summer. Below is a picture from the trip this year :) I hope to not only learn more about the ecosystems around Florida, but make invaluable connections with professors and researchers from around the state. 

Sincerely, 
Paige Duffin 

4 comments:

  1. How do you post an intro onto here? I am in the library and nobody seems to know how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to create an account, and then accept the invitation that Dr. Smith sent by email. I can't remember exactly what I clicked from that link, but that should be a good start!

      Delete
  2. I think you are doing far too much "clear-water" work. You need to try the muddy estuary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work with the white rhino sounds fascinating! But also strenuous. It's good you take breaks to the keys! :)

    ReplyDelete