Thursday, May 30, 2013






Hey everyone,

 My name is Kenneth Adair I am going into my Junior year at FAU in the fall and I am a Biological Science major with an emphasis on Marine Biology. I first became introduced to the marine ecosystems as a little kid through going out fishing. As I got older I began to enjoy being under water more than fishing above it. Once I started skin diving regularly I began to fall in love with reefs and the amazing diversity of organisms located on or around them. After awhile I then set up my own reef aquarium, which helped spur on my passion for sea life. I am so excited to be apart of this class and to meet some new salty friends that share a passion for the sea. Through this program and the amazing opportunities that it offers I will be able to learn more and more about various marine ecosystems throughout the great sunshine state. I am hoping that this course will help me become well suited to take on research of coral reef ecology, or produce different methods of coral gardening to help supplement and rebuild our coral reefs throughout the world which would be long term goal.


2 comments:

  1. OK Ken. You post a fish and now I have to ask you: can you identify the species? Let's see if you know the scientific name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that would be a common snook and the scientific name is Centropomus undecimalis.

    ReplyDelete