Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hello Fellow Explorers!

My name is Laura LaBeur (pronounced La-burr!). I am currently a junior at Florida Atlantic University located in sunny Boca Raton. My major is Biological Sciences with a focus in marine science. I was born and raised in Sebastian, Florida. I plan on continuing my education and eventually obtaining a PhD. My topic of interest is coral reef ecology with a focus in the symbiotic relationships that occur there. I love being out on the water, whether I am on a boat, snorkeling, or surfing. I am a certified SCUBA diver and I consider it one of my many hobbies. I look forward to getting to know you all better as we journey together! It's nice to meet so many passionate individuals :)

Ta-ta for now,

Laura

2 comments:

  1. You should try to talk with Dr. Ross while you're up here. His grad student Kevin Olsen has been doing some pretty cool work with coral settlement. I've got a list of other names I can share if you're interested - that's nearly the course I took for my Ph.D. work - cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually work with Dr. Ross on the coral larvae settlement! I go down to the keys with him every summer

      Delete